Sunday, September 24, 2006

No Taste for Pombo

I went to the Taste of Morgan Hill festival yesterday. It was really a fine, beautiful day. Every year, the auto show gets bigger and better. But for this list, the major thing was the opportunity to shake hands with Jerry McNerney. You see, he and I had never officially met face to face, though we have exchanged email for several years.

Notable by his absence was Richard Pombo, off doing the nation's business, I guess, like renaming a post office. This is typical Pombo, essentially ignoring Santa Clara County. When I was campaigning for McCloskey, I found a number of people who said that the only time Pombo showed up over here was to ask for votes. Well, in this case, I didn't even see him doing that.

I did drop by the Republican booth. They had a very nice booth with signs up strongly supporting Tom McClintock, but I didn't even see a Pombo flyer to be handed out. They also had signs up encouraging people to "Register Republican". However, when questioned they said you could register any way you wanted to.

Maybe Pombo is not to the Taste of Morgan Hill residents. He did not even carry the primary election here. And, it seems that Morgan Hill is not in Pombo's plans either.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delta: Your first mistake was to try and support one person to beat Pombo. Mc Closkey did get some of the votes over there. As usual their mantility is to support someone who they think might be able to take Pombo out. It didn't happen! Had your local CRA Gilmore group been a little more hospitable toward me, and some of you campaigned for me as well. I might have taken more votes away from Pombo, as did Mc Closkey. That was the whole object to have more than two people on the ballot. I really don't believe you folks understand politics over there. Your heads are on what's in for you. Now how many of you over there are supporting Mc Nerney, That's your job now to remove Pombo so support Mc Nerney, as I am. Lets not forget the friggin news papers didn't help me beat Pombo, they were to busy supporting Mc Closkey.


Vote Mc Nerney our only chance now.

Tom Benigno

11:07 AM, September 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want the truth about why Pombo had no representation there? Look to his staff. It is run by a group of incompetent morons. As a Morgan Hill resident, they have routinely ignored us and our issues. They ocassionally will have someone at meetings. They used to have someone really involved, but he left early this year. I think I am beginning to see why.

8:41 AM, September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home