Tuesday, February 21, 2006

DFA Training in Stockton March 18-19

This is just a reminder that Democracy for America is having its only grassroots training in California for at least the next six months in Stockton on March 18-19. This is going to be a great event where people from all over Northern California (particularly CA-11) will gather to learn the skills they need to win campaigns.

Go to http://www.dfalink.com/catraining for more info and directions about how sign up.

Whether you think you might want to run for local office or help organize around issues that matters to you, this training will provide you with valuable skills that will help you be more effective. Grassroots campaigns are full of energy, but sometimes they lack a bit of direction. Learn how to avoid common mistakes and how to maximize your return on the time and effort you invest into a campaign. As my grandma always said, good training never goes to waste.

Also, this training is going to bring together representatives from most of the main anti-Pombo constituencies. We will have a good mix of people from red areas and blue areas, people from the Bay Area, the Central Valley, and areas to the North and South. We will have people from Democratic clubs and people who mainly organize around the blogosphere. An interconnected grassroots is a strong grassroots. If we’re going to take back red California, we need to make these types of working relationships and personal connections that all grassroots campaigns depend upon.

Remember, though it’s going to be hard work, it will also be a lot of fun. And the training is already 60% full, so sign up today.

P.S. I have been asked to run a training session on how to use blogs and websites effectively for political purposes. If you like Say No to Pombo and want to learn more about how and why I do what I do, this is a perfect chance.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First!!!!


(aight...i wont go there..lol..)

This is great...I look forward to seeing everyone there...

OUT!!

2:11 PM, February 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicholas, see you on the campaign trail. I'm out of here. Don't expect any replies from me.

8:59 PM, February 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicholas, okay, I'm back. I keep going back and forth as to whether I want to be part of this blogging community.

Matt, seems like you might have the foundation for a live Saynotopombo discussion event. Liveblogging it would be interesting.

9:24 AM, February 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicholas, guess what? I've decided that I won't be commenting at Saynotopombo in the future unless I am willing to use my name in commenting. As I said in the last thread, annonymity is an issue that I've been thinking about for some time, and I need time to determine whether I wish to sacrifice the privacy that goes with commenting in one's own name. Keep this in mind in case someone uses the handle "Anontoo" in the future. See you.

Matt, I will continue to follow Saynotopombo. It has great potential. See you too.

10:35 AM, February 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

use an alias...

and also share a bit of why you feel the way you do...why you ask the questions you do..

and who and what makes you "u".

;)

6:09 PM, February 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home