Monday, May 08, 2006

Pombo McCloskey Debate next Monday

Please join the Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund at next Monday's debate between Richard Pombo, Pete McCloskey, and Tom Benigno. Yes, that's right, Pombo has finally agreed to debate.

The May 15 debate sponsored by the Tracy Press will start at 7:00 and is schedule to go until 8:30m. at Williams Middle School, 1600 Tennis Lane in Tracy. It is free and open to the public.

Our new district coordinator, Ed Yoon, will be working to get lots of people to this event. We will try to coordinate some carpooling and a pickup at the Pleasanton BART. If you plan on going, or need help getting there, please email me at kkeefe@defenders.org.

What a perfect contrast. Pete McCloskey, a common sense republican who created the Endangered Species Act, versus Richard Pombo, the man who is trying to eviscerate ESA to benefit his lobbyist backers.

Come join us at this debate. Pombo doesn't open himself to questions often.

And yes, I did mention that Ed Yoon will be running our Pleasanton office. I worked with Ed in 2004, when we were both with the League of Conservation Voters. Ed did a great job running our canvass efforts in Oregon. I know he will do a great job here in California.

Ed will be arriving in the district later this week. He will be looking for a place to stay and start setting up the office. I'll post the office number and his email as soon as they're set up.

9 Comments:

Blogger VPO said...

Good that Pombo is showing up, but this ain't no debate. The candidates give their spiels, then take pre-screened questions from the moderator. Some debate.

Some guidelines for all youse guys:

1. Bring your bullshit deflectors, because Pombo will be laying it on thick. It may be smart to bring an emergency pair of ear plugs, if it starts to get too bad. This usually happens when he talks about the ESA.

2. Try not to yell "Shut up, you friggin' moron!" during Pombo's talk. That would be impolite.

3. Try not to laugh too loudly when he claims that all those donations he gets from all those lobbyists never, repeat never, influenced his voting.

4. It is okay to cough and say "Bullshit" at the same time, but try not to do that more than once or twice.

5. The RV out front was NOT paid for by your taxpayers dollars. That is McCloskey's. The taxpayer-paid Lincoln Continental rental is Pombo's car.

12:30 PM, May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Rocky Balboa said...

Yo VPO.

Rocky here. You're a pretty funny guy - just like my friend Vinnie. Are you sure you ain't him?

Whaddya mean about Pombo and a taxpayer-paid Lincoln? Is that a joke, or fer real? (Meaning the joke is on us taxpayers?).

You wanna know how much I had to pay in taxes when I took the title after busting up Apollo Creed? Too friggin much, if you ask me. It would pain me to hear I'm buying that other ButtaWipeO (PombO, dey even end in the same vowel) a Lincoln.

Yet anudder reason to vote Pombo out if you ask me - hey, Adrian jist came over and says that spells out VPO - yer name! How bout 'dat?

Rocky
PS: I like this blog. I get to be in the "inner circle" widdout having to get back in shape.

12:49 PM, May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. 2% of a buck again (and a big shout-out to our new friend Rocky -- keep the humor coming, this blog sure needs it!)...

1) The FACT that Pombo has been forced to actually show his face at this multi-person appearance in his own hometown is EVIDENCE of polling data he must not like, and

2) I for one am looking forward to this, since I've seen the Dickster handling questions on at least one other occasion, and it was not pretty, so

3) I am updating my primary election odds as follows:

4) McCloskey has a 40% chance of beating Pombo in the primary, and McNerney has a 60% chance of beating Filson in same

With a tip of the hat to our new friend Rocky I just have one question:

Which of the other two is Adrian?

$.02 out.

2:04 PM, May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Joyce said...

Don't count Tom Benigno out of this race, he has a last minute suprise, one even the Tracy Press will write about. Poor hicks?

11:11 AM, May 14, 2006  
Anonymous joyce said...

Mc Closkey has all his tree huggers trying to help him , but it won't work. POMBO 35% BENIGNO 33% MC CLOSKEY 30% THIS COULD GO TO A RUN OFF. BENIGNO HAS ALWAYS MATCHED UP WITH POMBO AS A BETTER REPUBLICAN. IMMIGRATION WILL ELECT BENIGNO.

11:18 AM, May 14, 2006  
Anonymous joyce said...

BENIGNO supporters will overflow the Monday forum. The Tracy press will go down?

11:22 AM, May 14, 2006  
Anonymous tom said...

LOOK OUT FOR MC NERNEY, HE AND MC CLOSKEY are working on a deal to throw the race to the democrats. The Tracy Press,s grandaughter is working for McClosky. They can't be trusted. Mc Closkeys 40% is in the Matthews bank account.

11:32 AM, May 14, 2006  
Anonymous Tom Benigno said...

DON'T COUNT TOM BENIGNO OUT OF THIS RACE BLOGERS.He has a last minute suprise.Mc Closkey and Mc Nerney are working a deal? Give it to the Democrats. Not this time. This is my cause. Guys.

11:41 AM, May 14, 2006  
Anonymous Tom Benigno said...

SOMEONE ASKED ME,why would Pombo hire Carl Fogliani, a vertual unknown hood to run his campaign. HE THINKS HE LOOK S LIKE ABRAMHOFF.

Tom Benigno

11:59 AM, May 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home